What is Hacking?
Most people think of the news story that relates to the large company having an embarrassing problem as there as data is compromised. but in truth What is hacking? goes a lot further than this.
What is hacking? : Hacking is that the activity of identifying weaknesses during a computing system or a network to take advantage of the safety to realize access to non-public data or business data. An example of computer hacking can be: employing a password cracking algorithm to realize access to a computing system.
Computer hacking is the practice of making a virus or bypass to a program to achieve a goal outside of the computer or any network. A person who engages in these activities is called a hacker.
who is a hacker?
Hackers may be typically an expert programmer who regards hacking as art and as to how to use their skills in real-life situations. to earn more money or for dangerous activity. other hackers have far more dangerous objectives than just to earn name-fame or money they use their skills, like stealing personal information gaining unauthorized access.
Types of Hackers
Depend on work or behavior there are many sorts of hackers. Hackers are classified as consistent with the intent of their actions. the subsequent list classifies types of hackers consistent with their intent:
[su_table responsive=”yes” fixed=”yes”]
|Types of hacker
|Ethical Hacker (White hat): A white hat is an ethical hacker who attempts to seek out vulnerabilities and gains access to systems intending to fix the identified weaknesses in computers and network systems. These individuals are employed by companies and governments, usually to guard the organization’s information systems from malicious black hat hackers.
|Cracker (Black hat): Black hat hacker is also a computer security expert, But A hacker who gains unauthorized access to computer systems for private gain. The intent is typically to steal corporate data, violate privacy rights, transfer funds from bank accounts, etc.
|Grey hat: A Hacker who breaks into computer systems without authority intending to spot weaknesses and reveal them to the system owner. In other words, gray hat hacking is a blend of a white hat and a black hat hacker.
|A script kiddie is an individual who uses scripts or software written by someone else to exploit or break into a computer system. Script kiddies: A non-skilled one that gains access to computer systems using already made tools.
|Hacktivist: A hacker who performed their skills to support or contribute to a political or other agenda and sends social, religious, and political, etc. messages. this is often usually done by hijacking websites
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical hacking is the term used to describe hacking performed by a corporation or individual to assist identify potential threats on a computer or network. Ethical hacking is identifying weaknesses in computer systems and/or computer networks and coming with countermeasures that protect the weaknesses. This information is then employed by the organization to enhance the system security, to protect against any attacks.
- What constitutes ethical hacking? For hacking to be deemed ethical, the hacker must obey the subsequent rules:
- Get written permission before hacking.
- You respect the individual’s or company’s privacy.
Protect the privacy of the organization. You close out your work, not leaving anything open for you or somebody else to take advantage of at a later time.
- Transparently report all the identified weaknesses within the computing system to the organization.
- Inform hardware and software identified weaknesses. You let the software developer or hardware manufacturer know of any security vulnerabilities you find in their software or hardware, if not already known by the corporate.
- And last but not least be honest
Types of hacking
Hacking is usually mean to break the code. there are three sections of hacking which are website hacking, exploit writing & Reverse engineering and each of them requires a different programming language.
- Web Hacking
- Exploit Writing
- Reverse engineering
[su_table responsive=”yes” fixed=”yes”]
|Types of hacking
|Exploit Writing: is a way to crack a particular software by writing exploits. it works on automation and breaks all the code itself.
|Reverse engineering the process of taking a software program’s binary code and recreating it .so as to track it back to the source code. it can flows and bugs easily.
Phases of hacking
- Gaining access
- Maintaining access
- Covering track
If you want to learn types of hacking in detail – TYPES OF HACKING –Read this article.
Why Ethical Hacking?
- Keeping information secure yourself from hackers or attacker on internet, as well as secure your company Data, save an organization a lot of money.
- Ethical hacking is the only way to stop cybercriminals, otherwise, they might become the god of the internet world. Ethical hacking puts them a step before the cyber-criminal.
- High paid job: many organization pay a lot of money for their security like PayPal, Facebook, etc
5 top ethical hacking courses and certifications
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Foundstone Ultimate Hacking
- Offensive Security Certified Professional
- SANS GPEN
Benefits of Ethical Hacking
To protect yourself from thieves, you would like to think like one. This principle is the
the core of white hat hacking.
The total number of hackers is growing every day. And these people are on an endless
the quest to enhance their skills and expand their knowledge.
If you’ll consider the vulnerabilities that exist in machines and digital networks, you’ll realize the awful state of security that folks have against hackers. you would like to guard your system from the bad
guys. to realize this goal, you ought to skills to hack.
The goals of a white hat hacker are:
- Attack a system without destroying it
- Identify system vulnerabilities
- Prove that vulnerabilities exist
- Help in improving the safety of his target